Everyone needs sleep to rest their body and mind after being used for a full day. By doing sleep, your body will be refreshed the next day and you can carry out activities perfectly. Unfortunately, sleep cannot be done by many people. Some have gone to bed and have a disorder until the recommendation of 7-9 hours of sleep is not met.
Sleep disorders that are often experienced by many people
Sleep disturbances experienced by someone have a lot of difficulty starting to close their eyes or wake up so much that the quality of sleep falls. Of some sleep disorders experienced by someone, the following are the most common.
Sleep apnea and snoring
Sleep apnea is a condition experienced by the body in the form of cessation of breathing for a few moments. This condition makes the oxygen level in the body decreases and makes you suddenly wake up in a state of discomfort and fatigue like just doing a very intense exercise.
Another form that can trigger sleep apnea even if it is considered harmless is snoring. When we snore, the airway cannot open perfectly. There is a membrane or valve that closes it so that it sounds very loud. If you often snore, it’s good to immediately see a doctor so that the condition of sleep apnea does not occur.
Insomnia is a sleep disorder that makes you hard to close. Although closing his eyes several times, awareness will be difficult to get down. You can experience insomnia if you eat too much food or drink with a very high caffeine content.
In addition, if you are in a very bright room or facing a laptop, the possibility of sleepiness will be low. This can happen because the body’s melatonin content is not optimal. Insomnia that runs every night for 3 times a week and runs for 3 months there is a big disturbance and you must check yourself out.
This disorder causes us to unconsciously move by ourselves while sleeping. Parasomnia is often called sleepwalking and is quite dangerous to someone. If you experience this and go out on the streets, accidents can happen. Other types of parasomnia that can occur are eating and sex in an unconscious condition.
The condition of parasomnias can be triggered by other sleep disorders such as sleep apnea. To overcome the problem of parasomnias therapy is needed and also the use of several drugs such as clonazepam and melatonin which make a person easy to sleep.
Have you ever slept then suddenly your body can’t be moved properly like someone is holding it back? Some people consider this to be a disorder of spirits, but the media world can explain this condition. Temporary paralysis during sleep is often associated with hallucinations and is a sign of narcolepsy.
Restless Legs Syndrome
Nervous disorders that cause the feet to feel uncomfortable and like walking. Apart from being unable to rest feeling pain, heat, and itching can appear and make you uncomfortable while sleeping. Pain that appears sometimes makes you often awake in the middle of the night.
Circadian Rhythm Disorders
This disorder often occurs in those who work on the night shift. Because the hours of sleep experience significant changes, the body will also be disturbed. When afternoon or evening you will often be drowsy, weak, and not eager to work. This condition often arises because of lack of sunlight and melatonin in the body is very low.
This severe sleep disorder has signs of frequent drowsiness during the day, cataplexy, sleep paralysis, and hallucinations. If you often feel tired and suddenly drowsy then fall asleep without cause, the body may experience narcolepsy. Handling this sleep disorder must be done immediately so that the physical condition does not continue to decline.
How to deal with sleep disorders
Disorders of sleep can occur because of many things ranging from habits, lifestyle, as well as overall physical condition. If you don’t want to experience sleep disturbances, do the following things well.
- As much as possible to not debt hours of sleep every day. If we usually sleep 7 hours and then suddenly sleep for only 5 hours, the body will demand its shortcomings so that you will quickly become weak and sleep will last longer than usual.
- Avoid habits that damage the circadian cycle that the body has. This cycle causes serious problems such as disruption of sleep, frequent sleepiness, and unable to concentrate during the day.
- Avoid foods and drinks that cause the body to become more literate than drowsy. Caffeine is one of the substances that will cause insomnia and also trigger more severe sleep disorders. Alcohol also falls into this category.
- Doing activities in moderation. If you force yourself too much and eventually fatigue, sleep disturbances will appear.
- Shrinking a body that is obese. A body that has enough fat can interfere with the airway. If the breath is disturbed, sleep will also be disturbed.
- Make the body become healthier and not easily hurt. If you are sick you will often wake up in the middle of the night in the condition of sweating or urinating many times.
Here are some sleep disorders that often occur and damage the break time which is very valuable. Of the several sleep disorders above, which have you experienced so far? Then what do you do to overcome it perfectly? Hopefully the above review is useful for those of you who want to sleep well and not experience interference.