- Best of the Web: Help with Trouble Sleeping
- Your Teen Is Not Lazy, Just Sleep Deprived
- Using Natural Remedies for Insomnia
- What Are the Best Sleeping Aids on the Market?
- Finding a Cure for Insomnia
- When Does Fatigue Turn Into Narcolepsy?
- The Cause of Insomnia
- Sleep Apnea Is More than a Snoring Problem
Check this Out!
Learn How to Sleep Better!
Category Archives: Trouble Sleeping
I often have trouble sleeping, for various reasons. It has caused me to perform a great deal of research on the subject.
I have compiled a list of what I think are the very best websites on sleep deprivation.
If you are having trouble sleeping, then it might be worth your while to check out one or more of these sites. If you have a site that you have used that’s not on my list, then by all means leave a comment to this posting. The sites are below:
- Web MD Sleep Disorders Health Center
- Help Guide.org – How to Sleep Better
- Medline Plus – Sleeping difficulty
- How Much Sleep Do I Need (Hey, I couldn’t resist…LOL)
- My Coach Sleep
- Real Age.com – Sleep center
- MSN Health – Expert Sleep Advice
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Sleep and Sleep Disorders
- About.com – Stress and Sleep Problems Section
- National Sleep Foundation – How Sleep Works
- Life Tips – Sleep Disorders FAQs
- Sleep Education Blog
What causes Insomnia?
There are various things that cause insomnia, but the major causes of insomnia can be attributed to the day-to-day issues that we deal with. Or more specifically, it relates directly to the amount of stress those day-to-day issues bring with them.
What is Stress?
Definition of Stress – Stress typically describes a negative concept that can have an impact on one’s mental and physical well-being, but it is unclear what exactly defines stress and whether or not stress is a cause, an effect, or the process connecting the two.
With organisms as complex as humans, stress can take on entirely concrete or abstract meanings with highly subjective qualities, satisfying definitions of both cause and effect in ways that can be both tangible and intangible. [source: Wikepedia]